How We Collect Information
BusinessValue365 may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
(1) directly from your verbal or written input (such as by consenting to receiving marketing emails or indirectly through third parties with whom we work closely (see below “Information We Receive from Other Sources”);
(2) automatically through BusinessValue365’s website technologies including tracking online, such as by Web cookies (which are small text files created by websites that are stored on your computer), by smart devices, by combining data sets, by collecting data from a browser or device for use on a different computer or device, or by using algorithms to analyze a variety of data such as records of purchases, online behavioral data, or location data; or
Information You Provide
The types of information that BusinessValue365 collects directly from you or through your use of our websites and services may include the following depending on how you interact with BusinessValue365:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, username, and telephone number;
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Educational and professional interests;
- Tracking codes such as cookies;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you provide to BusinessValue365 (including through a BusinessValue365 website);
- Communication preferences;
- Purchase and search history;
- Location-aware services, the physical location of your device in order to provide you with more relevant content for your location;
- Information about your personal preferences, and interests; and
- Communications with other users of BusinessValue365’s services.
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of BusinessValue365’s websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
If you choose to register and sign in by using a third-party account (such as your Facebook account), the authentication of your login is handled by the third party. BusinessValue365 will collect your name, email address and any other information about your third-party account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your BusinessValue365 account to be linked to your third-party account.
Information We Receive from Other Sources
BusinessValue365 may receive information about you if you use any of the websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services; advertising networks; data and analytics providers; academic institutions; journal owners, societies and similar organizations; search information providers, and credit reference agencies) from whom BusinessValue365 may receive information about you.
Use of Your Information
Depending on how you interact with BusinessValue365, BusinessValue365 may use your personal information in the performance of any contract or transaction we enter into with you, to comply with legal obligations, or where BusinessValue365 has a legitimate business interest. Legitimate business purposes include but are not limited to one or all of the following: providing direct marketing and assessing the effectiveness of promotions and advertising; modifying, improving or personalizing our services, products and communications; detecting fraud; investigating suspicious activity (e.g., violations of our Terms of Service, which can be found here) and otherwise keeping our site safe and secure; and conducting data analytics.
In addition, with your prior, explicit consent (where required), we may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information about products and services that you request from us;
- To send you periodic catalogues from BusinessValue365;
- To provide you with information about other products, events and services we offer that are either (i) similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about, or (ii) entirely new products, events and services;
- For internal business and research purposes to help enhance, evaluate, develop, and create BusinessValue365 websites (including usage statistics, such as “page views” on BusinessValue365’s websites and the products therein), products, and services;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our websites, products, or services;
- To provide, activate, and/or manage our services;
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, machine learning, testing, statistical, and survey purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service; and
- For any other purpose that we may notify you of from time to time.
Personal information will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that, unless information must be retained for legal or archival purposes, personal information will be securely destroyed, put beyond use or erased from BusinessValue365’s systems when it is no longer required or, where applicable, following a request from you to destroy or erase your personal information.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
BusinessValue365 will not disclose to or share your personal information with any unaffiliated third party except as follows:
- Where necessary in connection with services provided by third parties (i) who provide us with a wide range of office, administrative, information technology, website and platform hosting, editing, production, payment, business management, analytics, content management, indexing, archiving, or marketing services; and (ii) who are required to comply with applicable privacy laws;
- Where you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement from a third party;
- Where third party such as an academic institution, school, employer, business or other entity has provided you with access to a BusinessValue365 product or service through an integration or access code, information may be shared regarding your engagement with the service or product, results of assessments taken and other information you input into the product or service;
- Where you participate in a program in which we partner with third parties, we may share your information with those third-party partners;
- Where BusinessValue365 is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to comply with a subpoena or other legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to enforce our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our services, users or others; and to investigate fraud;
- Where all or substantially all of the business or assets of BusinessValue365 relating to our services are sold, assigned, or transferred to another entity;
- Where BusinessValue365’s rights to publish, market and/or distribute a specific journal or other publication are transferred to another entity, and you have subscribed to or requested to receive electronic alerts related to that journal or publication;
- Where you have subscribed to journals, elected to receive electronic alerts about journals or your contribution to one of our journals has been accepted for publication, we may share your information with the journal owner, or a society or organization associated with the journal; or
- Where you have attended an event, webinar, or conference, we may share your information with the sponsor of the activity; or
- Where, even if not described above, you have consented to such disclosure or BusinessValue365 has a legitimate interest in making the disclosure.
BusinessValue365 also may disclose navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographic information that does not reveal your identity or personal information.
Cross Border Transfers
BusinessValue365 may transfer your personal information outside of your country of residence for the following reasons:
- In order to process your transactions, we may store your personal information on our servers and those servers may reside outside the country where you live. BusinessValue365 has servers and major office locations in several countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Singapore, Brazil, India and Australia. BusinessValue365 also has service providers located in India and the Philippines amongst other countries. Such processing may include, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
- In order to satisfy global reporting requirements, BusinessValue365 may be required to provide your personal information to BusinessValue365 affiliates in other countries.
In relation to personal data processed within the US, BusinessValue365 has in place EU Model Clauses between entities within its group of companies that receive and process personal information from countries within the European Economic Area.
We will use appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your data. Access to your personal data will be restricted to only those who need to know that information and required to perform their job function. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and security of your information.
Disclosure in Chat Rooms or Forums
You should be aware that identifiable personal information–such as your name or e-mail address–that you voluntarily disclose and that is accessible to other users (e.g. on social media, forums, bulletin boards or in chat areas) could be collected and disclosed by others. BusinessValue365 cannot take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
For more information on cookies, please click here.
You have the right to make a written request to be informed whether or not we hold or process any of your personal information (by emailing privacy@BusinessValue365.com). In your written request, you may:
- Request that we provide you with details of your personal information that we process, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients of such information, the existence of any automated decision making involving your personal information, and what transfer safeguards we have in place;
- Request that we rectify any errors in your personal information;
- Request that we delete your personal information if our continued processing of such information is not justified;
- Request that we transfer your personal information to a third party;
- Object to automated decision-making and profiling based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest (in which event the processing will cease except where there are compelling legitimate grounds, such as when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between us);
- Object to direct marketing from us; and
- Object to processing for purposes of scientific, historical research and statistics.
Where applicable under your local laws, we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes, nor disclose your information to any third parties, unless we have your prior consent, which we will seek before collecting your personal information. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal information. If at any point you wish to review or change your preferences, you can use the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us. Note that you may still receive transactional communications from BusinessValue365.
Your California Data Privacy Rights
Information About Data We Have Collected or Disclosed About You
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides additional data privacy rights to California residents. You have the right to request that we provide, not more than twice every 12 months, certain information about the data we have collected or disclosed about you over the past 12 months, including:
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; and
- the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose.
For the purposes of your rights as a California resident, “personal information” means any non-publicly available information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked with you or your household, such as biometric information or information about your location.
Disclosure of Personal Information
For certain of our business functions, we may disclose personal information for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, the third party must agree to retain, use, or disclose the personal information solely for the business purpose. We prohibit the third party from selling the personal information that we provide [for a business purpose]. In the past 12 months, depending on how you interact with BusinessValue365, we may have disclosed your information as set forth in the section above entitled “Disclosure and Sharing of Your information.”
Deletion of Data
California residents also have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do so), except where retaining your personal information is necessary for BusinessValue365 to:
- Complete your transaction, provide a good or service you requested, or perform a contract between you and us;
- Protect you or us from security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Fix errors in our systems;
- Protect your, our, or others’ right to free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (California Penal Code Section 1546 and following);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Use your personal information internally in a way that is reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us or in another lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information; or
- Comply with a legal obligation.
“Do Not Track” (for California and Delaware Residents)
Please note that we do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a/ DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers. For more information about “do not track”, go to https://allaboutdnt.com/.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise your rights under CCPA, you may submit a verifiable consumer request to us by phone at (800) 264-3356 or by email at privacy@BusinessValue365.com. Only you, a person registered with the Secretary of State authorized to act on your behalf, or you on behalf of your minor child may submit a verifiable consumer request. The request must provide enough information for us to reasonably verify you are, or are the authorized representative of, the person about whom we collected personal information.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 is a United States federal law that governs the access to educational information and records by public entities such as potential employers, publicly funded educational institutions, and foreign governments. BusinessValue365’s adheres to all government guidelines..
Any comments, complaints or questions concerning this policy or complaints or objections about our use of your personal information should be addressed by directing your comments to BusinessValue365’s Data Protection Officers, whose contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org